BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sloka...

To say the least, blogging has been a thrilling experience for this one song old music blogger!!! I am overwhelmed by the responses to my first song, though I am not sure if I deserved so much attention. :O)

I thank everyone for taking their time out to listen to me & comment on my singing.
Thanks a ton, Jo for introducing me to the music blogosphere!!!

Jan 10th was the birthday of Yesudas, my idol in music and my first inspiration to sing. The maestro turned 68 this year, and still continues to charm us with his golden voice.

I have recorded the first lines he rendered as a playback singer - a sloka "Jaathi Bheda..".


Film: Kaalpadukal
Music: M.B.Srinivasan
Originally Sung by: K J Yesudas
Year: 1961

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

11 comments:

Renuka said...

Awesome!!! but very short .upload some more shlokas.

Unknown said...

Thank you for commenting here, Renu :O)
I am inspired to learn more slokas!

I had heard this one as a kid many years back & tried rendering it here...

Suchin Kerlapur said...

u have sung this very well. i didnt realize you ended it ubruptly! could you sing the whole thing if you know please?

Unknown said...

Thank you Suchin!
This is all Yesudas got to sing in his debut song. :O)

Ravi Chandran said...

COol man... i loved your voice in this...

Do post me when you have the complete song.

Jo said...

Aha! Beautiful!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awesome Man!!!!!!!!

This made me to stop my work for a while....

Just refreshes me.......

We want more....................

Unknown said...

Ravichandran
Am so happy u liked this one! :O)

Jo..
What an honour to have your comment here!!! Always indebted to ur support...

Anish,
Thats a touching comment, shall try to create the same impact in all my renditions! Thank you...

Unknown said...

Lovely rendition. Looking forward to more songs.

Unknown said...

Suma,
Thank you so much...:O)